Fred Meyer Fred Meyer Front End Hourly Associate in Salem, Oregon
Front-End Purpose:If you believe that variety is the spice of life then we have some great opportunities for you in one of the many positions in our Front-End department. As a member of our Front-End team you will interact with a diverse group of exciting customers and make friendships that will enrich your life and the lives of those you help. Also, there’s such a variety of tasks available to you that you will find no two workdays are alike. So if you’re tired of working humdrum jobs, apply with us and start on a career that provides you with more than simply a paycheck.
Front-End Department roles include:
- Cashier/Front End Clerk
- Courtesy Clerk
- File Maintenance Clerk
- Fuel Clerk
- Money Services Clerk
- Kids Korner Attendant
Front-End Job Duties Vary by Position and May Include:
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Bag groceries for customers while being friendly and attentive to customers’ needs.
- Report product ordering and shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Collect carts in a safe manner, transport them to the cart room and remove all debris from carts.
- Communicate new and on-going special programs and promotions to customers.
- Check children in and out of Kids Korner using the registration process.
- Encourage children to play, learn, and socialize with you, other staff and other children in Kids Korner.
- Process fuel, merchandise, and lottery sales quickly and accurately.
- Clean up spills and complete Fuel Spill Report.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency plans numbers and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of department.
- Ensure all forms of tender and coupons are properly handled.
- Comply with safety procedures and report unsafe conditions to management.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to handle a high volume, fast paced environment; effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Education Level: None Required Certifications/Licenses: None Position Type: Part-Time Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight Regions: West
*Jobs at Fred Meyer: *Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Company Name: Fred Meyer
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Segment: Hourly, Front End, Pharmacy, Merchandising, Part Time, Technology, Healthcare, Retail
Nearest Major Market: Salem
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight